CB_EN_250x250_Testimonial_BeforeAfterUnnamed2

понедельник, 14 августа 2017 г.

Whole Food Half Ass

Whole Food Half Ass

June 28 Yoga: Hip Opening Flow with Barrett Yoga tonight was with Barrett. I was a little worried about doing a class that was focused solely on hips. But I’ve learned that I actually already have really open hips, so I don’t really have to worry as...

June 28 Yoga: Hip Opening Flow with Barrett


Yoga tonight was with Barrett. I was a little worried about doing a class that was focused solely on hips. But I’ve learned that I actually already have really open hips, so I don’t really have to worry as much about that. I simply just need to be cognizant of the fact that so much focus is being put there and that I don’t want to over stretch it.


Interestingly enough, the one thing that we did in class that I wasn’t as excited about was getting into Lotus Pose. I sprained my ankle when I was training for a half marathon in late 2011 and while it took forever to heal, it really hasn’t given me a lot of trouble since.


Well, in Lotus during this practice, I was having a hard time keeping my ankles properly aligned. We’re warned against “sickling” or supination.



Source


I found the position to be very uncomfortable and sure enough, after practice, my ankles felt tender, kind of like my right one did when it was healing from the sprain. I’ll just have to keep this in mind for next time and modify accordingly.


I find it interesting that I am hypermobile and yet: certain movements just don’t fly with me.


By the way, I decided to pull the trigger on buying a package for Tough Love Yoga. It’s only $10 per class, which is pretty cheap, but I just don’t know that I’m ready for CrossFit yet. So I bought a July pass that allows me to go as much as I want for the month.


I’m excited to be committed to some sort of exercise again!


Original article and pictures take http://wholefoodhalfass.com/post/54470745148/june-28-yoga-hip-opening-flow-with-barrett-yoga site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий