CB_EN_250x250_Testimonial_BeforeAfterUnnamed2

понедельник, 14 августа 2017 г.

Desk Dweller Hip Sequence

Desk Dweller Hip Sequence

Pin now, practice yoga later!  Wearing: Pink Sun Activewear leggings (similar), Montiel Activewear bra (similar) Using: Jade harmony yoga mat.
Pin now, practice yoga later!

Hey friends! I'm writing you from La Guardia airport here in New York as I wait for my first flight of the day. I'm off to Costa Rica to lead the adventure and yoga retreat, so be sure to follow along on instagram here and here, if you aren't already. Posting will be less frequent than usual but I hope to have one post up per day, and I appreciate your patience until I get back.


I also wanted to let you know that YBC is working hard on a new project! It's a yoga lifestyle subscription box packed with YBC-approved products to inspire your practice and your life. We're working with small businesses whose products we love and whose missions we believe in and I think you're going to love each box! For this first round, we're only going to have a select number available, so if you want in, just fill this out.


Ok! Now let's talk about today's sequence. I made it because I was thinking about flying and how miserable it is to be seated for such long periods of time. And then I ended the pity party for one and remembered that a number of people spend the majority of the day seated for their job, so I put this together. It's aimed at my desk dwelling people with super tight hips and is perfect to do in the middle of the work day to get a bit of relief from the tightness. I hope you love!


1. Standing pigeon pose - This is a good one! The key here is knowing that the closer you get your chest to your lifted leg's shin, the more you'll feel it in the hips. My advanced people can play with baby flying pigeon from here.


2. Balancing pose - This is good for strengthening the hip flexors and the core. The trick here is to remember to stand straight up and avoid leaning back. Breathe super slowly in this one!


3. Warrior 3 - With this pose, we want to be sure the hips stay even, so reach back with one hand and feel that your hips are in line with one another. Another trick to remember is pointing the toes of the lifted leg down toward the mat. My intermediate people can bump it up a notch with balancing stick pose.


4. Warrior 1 - Keep your hips facing forward in this pose and you'll feel such a nice stretch in the hip flexor and calf muscle.


5. Dancer's Pose - A balancing favorite of many, this pose stretches the hamstring of the standing leg, the hip flexor of the lifted leg, as well as the chest and shoulders. Advanced people can try flipping the grip for full dancer's pose.


Let's talk What do you do for work? Does it affect how you physically feel?


Original article and pictures take http://yogabycandace.com/blog/hip-opening-sequence-for-desk-dwellers site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий